Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mine! Mine!! Mine!!!

When the Israelites left Egypt they were not Jews, they were not Christians, they were just children of Israel. They left Egypt because Moses offered them a way out. They were tired of being worked so hard. They were tired of never having a day off. They were tired of slavery. Not to mention the first three of the ten plagues fell on the children of Israel as well as the Egyptians. Who knew what God would do to them if they did not go. Then God began to show Himself to the children of Israel. They were lead by a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. Whether you believe it was the Red Sea or the Reed Sea, no ancient Cananite, or Egyptian god had ever parted water like that. No god had ever destroyed the enemies of its people the way God destroyed the armies of Pharoh. So of course when the waters crushed down upon their enemies they claimed the victory, and took their first steps to becoming Jews.

"The Lord is my strength and my song,
   and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
   my father's God, and I will exalt him."
Exodus 15:2

He is my strength and my song, and has become my salvation. My wife and I are expecting our first child soon, and I can't wait for the day when our child says God is mine! mine!! mine!!!

No comments: