Monday, October 25, 2010

Weaving Prayer with activity...

...is the title to chapter five of Jan Johnson's book Enjoying the Presence of God. In many ways this is similar to the material in chapter four discussing, "Talking to You Means Praying for You." The difference is there is a larger element of the self in this chapter - but in a good way. It is all about giving praise and finding ways to include God in the day to day bus-y-ness of life. I try to understand Jan Johnson's point this way. If the purpose of reading Scripture is to discover what God has to say about Himself through the Word of God, then my daily life should be focused on sharing with the world what God is saying about Himself in my life. It is not about me. My life, and the way I interact with everything in it has to be about God. Some times the task is easier said than done. However, the goal is worthy so I continue to pick myself up and keep trying.

No comments: