Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Heart of the Matter

Okay. I'm a seminary student which means I read - A LOT! Eye strain is a common problem. To counter this more often than not I read for content so I can write the paper that's probably due the day after tomorrow. Get in. Get out. Write the paper. Move on to what's next. Well stop the presses, I've heard it three times today in three different, non related classes. When it comes to scripture it is important to not only read for content, but to first read for God. What is God trying to say to me through this passage of scripture today? I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I've done enough studying now that it's hard not start IBSing a passage, or thinking about the context of the author. So I am going to start working that angle into my devotions. Hopefully you will start seeing what God has been saying to me through Scripture as opposed to just seeing the information I see in the Bible.

No comments: